My second oldest N gauge model, pre-Bachmann. This is not to be confused with their newer class 47 models which are completely different models.
This was easy to add a decoder into, at least for motor operation. I've used the DCC Supplies"DiGiHat" plastic bush to isolate the motor brushes: this is simple to use and results in a quick installation. The DZ123 decoder works fine; I've retained the lighting wires in case I add lights at a later date.
Here is the completed chassis after installation. There are two DiGiHat bushes - one under the top brass strip and one under the bottom brass clip (ringed in red).
PCB lighting would be nice... but more trouble than I need at the moment.